“I know this scene,” says the Stranger, stopping amid the ruination and swirling smoke, the eyes of the village upon them.
“This is the work of an Abomination. And, I regret to say, it will likely return—and soon!”
Who will save the people (and pigs) of Dilbrook Waddle from this Abomination? You, perhaps, should you choose to play...
TEETH: STRANGER & STRANGER, a grotesque, standalone, table-top, roleplaying mini-campaign for 3-6 people.
The players portray mutated bumpkins, battling to remain human while wandering a cursed corner of 18th-century England. Will they find what they need to save their village? Or will they return too changed to care?
This game uses a simplified version of the Forged In The Dark rules, but no familiarity with that ruleset is necessary. This is a standalone module, designed to ease players into the rules of play across a number of sessions.
During this time the players will face the hardships of the wilderness, incur monstrous corruptions, and maybe, just maybe, be reunited with their favourite pig.
The full package includes:
- 63 pages of hideous rustic calamity and 18th-century occultism
- Many illustrations therein
- Seven pre-made Playbooks designed for this scenario
- Playbooks for Google Sheets - just copy them off and edit them yourself!
- Mutation Table for Google Sheets
- GM Quick Reference Sheet
- Player Quick Reference Sheet
- A luxurious colour map
- Low-ink versions of the key documents
It's a fair bit!
(We aren't selling a pre-printed zine of STRANGER & STRANGER as yet, but if you'd like to be notified of such an event then why not subscribe to our delightful newsletter? Or you could just print it out yourself and stick it together with Sellotape.)
The game was written by Jim Rossignol and Marsh Davies, with illustrations by Marsh Davies, too. Follow us on Twitter, if you like:
STRANGER & STRANGER is a cut-down scenario based on our full-sized game setting, TEETH—forthcoming 2022, probably.
We've previously released two other one-shots using this fiction:
- NIGHT OF THE HOGMEN, in which players attempt to escape a ravening horde of pig monsters.
- BLOOD COTILLION, where the aim is to infiltrate a society ball and assassinate the cultists among its attendees.
Number of players: 3-6 (including GM)
Length: 3-4 sessions or 8-12 hours
Release Date: 2021
Don't forget our vital online resources:
Playbooks for Google Sheets!
Mutation Table for Google Sheets!